Learn About our Historic Downtown San Francisco Hotel
On November 1, 2011, the historic Good Hotel celebrated the 100-year anniversary of the building that it calls home.
Rich in history, the building was originally opened as Hotel Gordon in 1911 and was commissioned by owner George T. Marye and designed by architects Cunningham & Politeo. The remarkable five-story building was one of the first of its kind to be erected after the great earthquake and fire of 1906, rivaled only by the post office at 7th and Mission Street in terms of height, size and grandeur. The Hotel Gordon was later transformed into the Hotel Britton in 1925, and retained that name until 2008 when it became the Good Hotel.